Dropbox - free cloud storage


There was one night when I was really busy finishing up my assignments (two has completed and another one still on the go) and I did not make any backup other than in my pendrive. So, while I was doing my assignment, suddenly something happened to my laptop where it shut down by itself. I felt so stressed up! When I managed to turn it on, all the files in my pendrive was gone! I almost faint! The due date to submit all three assignment was just around the corner and it was really shocking that none of the files can be recovered. 

I was crying and told my friend what just happened to me. She replied that nothing can be done since I did not make any backup at anywhere other than my one and only pendrive. So, I had to redo all of them. Before that, during the searching process, she nagged to me and told me that I should download an application name Dropbox. For me, I never heard of that app. According to her, this app is very important to everyone especially students like us. 

Dropbox is a file hosting service which offers cloud storage, file synchronization and client software. It allows the users to create folder on their computer and any devices that has Dropbox in it. Any files that are added in the Dropbox will be synchronized with all device of same Dropbox accout regardless of which computer or device is used to view it. All files in this folder are accessible through website and mobile apps. (source : wikipedia)

So, with her advices, I made a Dropbox account. I downloaded it on my laptop, iPhone as well as my Galaxy Tab. All of these are just to prevent the same thing to happen again. I no longer have to worry about what if the same thing happen to my pendrive and I can access any of the files in my pendrive. Below is the screenshot of Dropbox from my iPhone.

 


In Dropbox for iPhone, there are four menu available which are Dropbox, Photos, Favourites as well as  Setting. Based on my experience, the type of file such as pdf. ppt. doc can be opened in my iPhone. The files can be edited, save and sync with all the connected devices. 

      


Here is the desktop view of my Dropbox account.



The good thing about Dropbox is that it requires no cost at all to open up an account. Moreover, the storage of the account can be expanded when people that we have invited previously accepted the invitation. This app has made my life much easier, Each time I do my work, I will never ever forget to save it on Dropbox where it will automatically sync with all devices that I have connected. Thank you Dropbox! ;)



 source : youtube



Disclaimer: All photos are taken based on screenshots from my iPhone






Written by

0 comments: