Journey to the East - Part 2


Our next destination: Turkey!



So, yes! Our next destination after Singapore was Istanbul, Turkey. We departed from Changi International Airport at 2300 hours on the same date as we departed from Kuala Lumpur. We flew on Turkish Airline. This international flight, I considered it as tip-top! The food was excellent and tasty! It's bun is my favourite!



It was quite a long journey for me. About 8 hours to touch down in Istanbul Atarturk Airport. We arrived there around 4 am istanbul time. Luckily I remembered to take out my coat from the luggage in Singapore, or else I am going to suffer! 



Our arrival was welcomed by snow! Alhamdulillah! It was so cold although the temperature is about 9 Celsius and it was almost the end of winter. However, it was bad-luck-me. I forgot to take out my glove as well! Oh dear!



Since it was still early and none of the shop nearby has open, the tourist guide decided to take us for a tour to the nearest Masjid. Along the way, this is how Istanbul at 5 am.




This is called as mosque.

According to our tourist guide Turkey mosque means our surau while Masjid still remains as Masjid. So, we went to the first masjid. I can't remember it's name.





This is a Muslim cemetery behind the Masjid and all of them are made from marble
 




We managed to take some photo at the area in the Masjid. 






Then we went for breakfast when it was 8 am in the morning at Simit Sarayi. It's a bakery shop. The coffee, soooooo good!






Then we went to the Grand Bazaar. There are more than 4000 shops here however we were only given an hour to spend and it seems impossible to finish even passing by each shop. To finish a row itself has taken us more than 45 minutes. The coldness stung my head!







Then we stop by for lunch. The food was jut ok-ok. I dislike the soup. It was tomato soup.



Before we went to the hotel, we took some photos here. 



Behind us is the famous building which is the Blue Mosque

Back in the hotel, I suffered from jet lag. I lied on the bed and I'm gone to my dreamland. What I remember next was my father trying to wake me up, calling for my name. As I becoming more alert,  , I saw everyone surrounded me. According to my sister, while I was sleeping, she and our cousin went for hi-tea and walk around the street. However, when they have returned, they just realized that they forgot to bring along the key. They knocked (read: slammed) the door for more than an hour. Lastly, they called my father and the 'hotel guy' to open the door and they found me sleeping. Still breathing. I guess I am in a very very deeeeeeeeeep sleep!

At night, I went for a walk at the street in front of the hotel.





 So, it's the end of part 2. I shall make it shorter or else it becoming neverending story. 





Enjoy the view of the Masjid people!




Disclaimer: All photos belongs to Fotofutiphotography. Please ask for permission before use. 


Written by

0 comments: