GSC e-Ticketing


Golden Screen Cinema (GSC) is the largest chain of cinema in Malaysia which falls under the entertainment industry. It was founded in 1981 by Ms. Koh Mei Lee with the name Golden Communications Circuit. Later after the merger with Cathay Cinemas, it is known as GSC. Currently, there are 28 GSC cinemas in Malaysia. (source: wikipedia)

In order to fit into the technology world nowadays, GSC has moved a step ahead of other cinema provider in Malaysia by introducing an application which can be used on smartphones. They name the app as GSC Cinema. It is basically an online store where users can purchase the tickets online without having to line up. However, the price is a bit pricey where they do charge additional RM 0.50 per ticket  that we buy. 




Below is the screenshots of GSC Cinema app where it has five main function - promotions (showing latest on going movies, coming soon movies and also discounts), cinemas (list of GSC cinemas all over Malaysia and also list of movies that are currently on going), fasTicket (purchasing movie tickets online, e-ticketing), history (previous online ticketing that had been purchased) and also about (setting of the app itself).

    


Here, I would like to show step by step how GSC Cinema app works when purchasing online ticketing.


Step 1: Tap on FasTicket and choose desire cinema, showing date and also movie that is to be watched. For example, I choose to watch Fast and Furious 6 on 29th May 2013 in GSC Paradigm Mall.



Step 2: I choose the showing time of Fast and Furious 6 that I want. For example, at 11.30 am.



Step 3: Next, it is compulsory to fill in personal details such as name, email address, phone number and also identification card number. Not to forget, choose the payment method.

 



Step 4: Then I have to select type of seat as well as its quantity. For example, I select 2 adult seats.



Step 5:  Now, the details about previous selection appears. I just have to select which seat that I want when watching the movie.



Step 6: When step 1 until 5 is complete, a popup about the T&C will appear. By selecting Accept, payment must be made within 8 minutes or the process has to start from the beginning.

 


Based on my personal experience, I love this app since I can get early ticket without having myself going to cinema and spending my time to line up just to buy the ticket. When I arrived at the cinema, I can just check in by scanning the barcode at the entrance of the GSC Pavillion. I am not sure how this may works at any other cinemas.


Disclaimer: All photos are taken based on screenshots from my iPhone




Written by

0 comments: